The introduction of Reels, a short-form video feature by Instagram, has drastically changed the social media landscape in recent weeks. It enables users to create 15-30 second bite-size videos, which can be shared with friends, fans, and followers. But what if you’d like to put together a longer reel video? This article explains how to maximize the viewing experience and create Instagram reels longer than 30 seconds.
1. Introduction to Instagram Reel Videos
Expanding Your Reach With Reels
Instagram Reel videos are the latest addition to the platform, allowing users to share short, entertaining clips. Reels are specifically designed to be attention-grabbing, allowing users to show their creativity and engage with a larger audience. The format is also great for businesses, as it offers an easy and effective way to promote products and services.
How to Get Started with Instagram Reels
Creating an Instagram Reel is straightforward. Start by selecting the video clips, text, music, and effects you want to use. Then, use the Instagram app on your device to combine the clips and add the other elements. Once you’re happy with the result, press the Share button and your Reel will be added to your profile.
Getting the Most Out of Reels
To get the most out of Instagram Reels, you should consider the following:
- Use catchy music and interesting visual effects to capture the viewer’s attention
- Keep videos short and engaging, and make sure the content is relevant to your audience
- Edit clips and add text or other effects quickly, using the trim, text and multi-clip editing tools
- Choose hashtags that match the content of your Reel, as this will help increase engagement
By following these tips, you can make the most of your Reel videos and expand your reach on Instagram.
2. Tips for Creating Reel Videos Longer than 30 Seconds
As reel videos longer than 30 seconds tend to produce a better user experience and gives more room for artistic expression, it is important for users and content creators to understand the best strategies for making them. The following are some tips and guidelines to hold in mind when creating reel videos longer than 30 seconds.
- Plan ahead: Before you begin filming, it is essential to plan the structure and flow of your entire reel video. Ensure that you note down the points that you want to include and decide which order to convey them in. Meanwhile, if you are editing and piecing together clips for your reel video, plan for suitable transition effects.
- Strike the right balance: When making a reel video, it is important to have particular focal points as the main content of your video, but ensure that there is also a healthy balance between audio, visual, and movement to make your video more striking and inviting. You should also ensure that time is spent equally distributing between each section of the video.
- Include ‘call to actions’: Make sure that viewers are guided to the next step in their journey within the content of your reel video. Ensure that the ‘call to action’ doesn’t feel forced and try to include it naturally at the end of the clip.
With these key strategies in mind, you are sure to produce a professional, engaging reel video longer than 30 seconds. Utilize these tips to the best of your advantage, and you will be able to create more captivating reel videos to share with your audience.
3. Tools to Enhance Quality of Reel Videos
We live in an age of rapidly advancing technology, and the quality of reel videos is ever increasing. Here are some of the tools available to enhance the quality of your reel videos.
From creating a background score to manipulating sound tracks, there are many ways to improve the audio quality of your reel videos. Music and sound editing software like Pro Tools and Logic Pro offer a wide range of functions for people of all levels. Furthermore, for podcast and voice-over production, programs like Adobe Audition provide a great selection of sound control options.
Video Editing Software
Editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer provide a complete suite of tools to bring reel videos up to higher standards. With their capabilities, you can manipulate and create great footage, ranging from colour grading to clip rotoscoping. Furthermore, non-linear editing software like Final Cut Pro and DaVinci Resolve provide great precision and capabilities when it comes to editing high-definition reel videos.
For filmmakers and cinematographers, tools like gimbals and jibs allow you to achieve smoother and more professional shots. Hotswapping drone cameras such as the DJI Inspire 2
gives creative freedom and great performance when it comes to aerial videography. Furthermore, there are plenty of plugins and effects available for a wide range of video software, giving users greater control and versatility when enhancing their reel videos.
4. Best Practices for Recording and Editing Reel Videos
When creating a reel video, there are five best practices to keep in mind:
- Pre-production planning: Before beginning the filming process, planning is essential. Lay out a storyboard and timeline for the video, taking into account the desired message, style and format. Establishing a plan of action at this stage will help to ensure that the video is successful.
- Lighting: Quality lighting is an essential element of any reel video. Invest in lighting equipment and ensure that it is positioned correctly to properly light up the scene and subjects. Natural lighting is also a great option and should be considered.
- Screen capture: Whether filmed or captured via screen-recording software, ensure the visuals look sharp and are not distorted. Many modern laptop webcams come with built-in HD capabilities that are ideal for screen capture recording.
- Sound: Audio can be the most challenging element to get right when making a reel video. Invest in quality microphones and ensure that the sound is clear and aligned with the visuals. This will help to create a seamless video.
- Editing: Editing is the final step when creating a reel video. The editor is responsible for making sure the video flows properly and is on message. Invest in good editing software and take some time to practice the software prior to beginning the editing process.
Following these best practices is key to creating professional and engaging reel videos. With the right preparation, filming and editing, a well-crafted video can be created that clearly conveys the desired message.
Additionally, it helps to have a team of experienced professionals to ensure the reel video is created with quality. Reel video producers specialize in making sure the video has the desired effect, and their years of experience will be essential in getting the reel video just right.
5. Resources for Help Creating Instagram Reel Videos
Instagram Reels are a great way to express yourself and become part of the creator community. But creating a great video can be overwhelming — evoking the right emotion and grabbing the attention of your followers takes time and effort. Fortunately, there are a variety of resources that can help make the process easier.
Tutorials: If you’re just starting out, there are many video tutorials available online to learn the basics of making Instagram Reels. Popular tutorials include a course by Seakrit on Udemy, as well as one on YouTube by Content Creator Kailey Walz. Both provide step-by-step instructions on how to create short, fun, and informative videos.
Tools and Applications: There are many tools and applications that can help with creating Instagram Reels. These include video editing apps such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, as well as online programs like Animoto and Quik. Some of these tools even offer templates and special effects to enhance your videos.
- Udemy Course “Mastering Instagram Reels” by Seakrit
- YouTube Video Tutorial by Content Creator Kailey Walz
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
By now, you should have all the tips and tricks you need to create Instagram Reel videos that are longer than 30 seconds. With the right tools and tools, you can create these videos quickly and easily to spread your message or share stories and knowledge. Taking the time to understand the basics of creating longer Reel videos will pay off in the long run and help you with your future Reel endeavors.