In today’s digital age, it is important to learn and utilize different strategies to make your Instagram Stories stand out. Social media platforms and the tools they provide can be daunting but with the right knowledge and tools, you can make your Instagram stories interesting, engaging and captivating. This article will provide a few tips on how to make your Instagram Story interesting and create engaging content.
1. What is an Instagram Story?
Instagram Stories are short-form content pieces which enable users to share photos, videos and text which can be viewed for a limited time period of 24 hours. It was released in 2016 and since that time it has become a popular outlet for creators to show their work and for brands to advertise their product. After 24 hours, an Instagram Story will expire, creating a sense of urgency for users to engage with the content.
Stories can be divided into two categories: static stories or live stories. Static stories consist of content that is posted prior to releasing the story, while live stories consist of content that the user films while the story is being broadcast, such as a live Q&A. Instagram Story posts may contain a variety of elements including:
- Images, including photos, videos and GIFs
- Hashtags, allowing users to click on them and view more content with the same hashtag
- Questions, allowing users to request questions to appear in the story, which can then be answered live or in a subsequent post
- Polls, to enable viewers to “like” or “dislike” the image, video, or statement
Instagram story posts may also be shared on other social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, or embedded in websites. In addition, users have the ability to add each other’s content to their own story, further spreading the reach of the content.
2. Tips for Making an Interesting Instagram Story
Add Color to Your Story – Make your story more interesting by using emojis and creative illustrations. This can show off your personal style, and stand out from the crowd. If you’d like to use color in your Instagram stories to capture attention, you can use a background color, play with shapes and text, or even doodle with the drawing pencil feature.
Use Video and Stickers – Consider taking advantage of Instagram’s array of stickers, from questions and polls to GIFs, locations and more. You can also apply filters to videos you post in stories. The video should be no longer than 15 seconds and should be relevant to your images. The addition of sound can also add to the overall effect.
Experiment with Different Types of Content – Don’t be afraid to post something different on your story, even if it’s not strictly related to your business. Use some of the tools Instagram has added, such as stickers, polls, geotags, GIFs, music, and more.
- Try asking a question
- Post content related to holidays or special events
- Identify influencers, or potential customers, with tags
- Always keep your followers in mind when creating content
3. Examples of Interesting Instagram Stories
Instagram stories are an excellent way to leverage the features of the platform. Here we look at three examples of Instagram Stories that are both creative and effective.
1. Behind-the-scenes moments
Showcasing a “day in the life” style story gives your followers an exclusive look into what it’s like behind the scenes. Try to showcase some of the less glamorous moments of your business and look for interesting ways to make them interesting.
2. Latest products or services
Utilize the platforms fantastic features such as Boomerangs, GIFs, and photos to show off your latest products or services. Grab your followers’ attention throughout the story and make sure it’s clear what’s being offered.
3. Interviews, Tutorials and Q&A’s
A great way to give insight into your business is to interview people or provide tutorials on how to use your products or services. You can also encourage engagement by posting Q&A’s in your stories and finding new and creative ways to provide an answer.
4. Getting Creative with Your Instagram Story
Are you looking for new, creative ideas to up your Instagram Story game? The possibilities are endless when it comes to making creative stories, so here are a few tips that can take your story to the next level.
- Try using eye-catching graphics to make your stories stand out. Incorporating fun or interesting illustrations, or fonts can draw attention to your post.
- Experiment with creative typography. Add dynamic shapes and sizes to the words in your story to make them last.
- Express yourself with dynamic overlays. Enhance your story by adding entertaining graphics on certain parts of your images.
Don’t be afraid of getting creative with a video. Making video stories can be a great way to grab attention and showcase a product or service. You can enhance your video with trendy graphics and music to help your story get more engagement.
With a bit of creativity, you can easily make interesting stories that will capture the attention of your audience. Follow these tips and channel your inner storyteller for a better Instagram Story experience.
5. Leveraging Non-Visual Elements to Enhance Your Story
Images and motion create impact and engage audiences, but they aren’t the only way you can tell a story. Leveraging non-visual elements can add depth and complexity to your narrative, emphasizing points and helping your audience draw connections. Here are some suggestions for using non-visual elements to tell a better story:
- Take the time to craft an interesting and memorable soundtrack: Without visuals, audio plays an even more important role in keeping your audience engaged. A creative and evocative soundtrack gives your narrative a voice and can help to direct the flow of your story.
- Develop a sound design language: Sound design can be used to emphasize beats or moments in your narrative. Developing a library of sound design elements can help to give your story coherence and a recognizable voice. Try using a pattern of Foley and ambient sounds to flesh out the world you’re building.
- Don’t overlook text: An interesting font or typeface can convey an emotion or create a feeling that words alone can’t. Using text to emphasize a moment or comment on your content can add texture and depth to an otherwise visual piece.
Using non-visual elements to enhance your story is a great way to engage an audience and create an immersive experience. By taking time to experiment and explore alternative forms of expression, you can craft a unique narrative that’s sure to leave your audience captivated.
In conclusion, making your Instagram Story interesting doesn’t have to be complicated. By experimenting with creative elements, exploring design possibilities and collaborating with other content creators, you can make your stories stand out. The key to success is putting the time and effort in, so you can make an impactful Instagram story that resonates with your followers.