Have you ever wondered why your Instagram isn’t loading? Do you feel like your content is suddenly not visible? There can be a variety of reasons why this is the case, including your account being banned or blocked from Instagram. Knowing the difference between the two can help you understand your situation more and decide the steps to take. This article will provide information on how you can tell if your Instagram has been banned or blocked and what you can do to get back on track.
1. What to Do If You Suspect Your Instagram Account Has Been Banned/Blocked
Step 1: Determine if Your Account is Banned or Blocked. The first step is to determine if your account has been banned or blocked. If your account has been banned, it means that you will no longer be able to access your account and all of your content on it has been permanently removed from Instagram. On the other hand, if your account has been blocked, it means that some portion of your account’s content has been restricted for a limited time period.
Step 2: Identify the Reason for the Ban or Block. It is important to identify the reason why your account was banned or blocked. This can be done by carefully reviewing Instagram’s Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service documents. Additionally, you may be presented with a explanation as to why your account has been restricted when you attempt to log in.
Step 3: Appeal the Ban or Restrictions. Once you have determined the reason for the ban or restriction, you can then take steps to appeal. Depending on the reason for the restriction, there will be different ways to go about appealing. For example, if your account has been banned for copyright infringement, you can submit an appeal for the removal of the restriction. On the other hand, if your account has been blocked for violating Instagram’s Community Guidelines, you may have to submit an appeal with details on why the restriction should be lifted.
2. Verifying an Instagram Ban/Block
If you suspect that Instagram has blocked or banned your account, you need to confirm it first. The following steps will help you understand the process of verifying it.
- Check the account from a desktop: To do that, log into Instagram and navigate to your profile page. If it’s blocked, you’ll get an error message saying “The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.”
- Check the account from a mobile device: If your account is blocked, you won’t be able to open the Instagram app. An error message will appear saying “This profile is private.”
- Visit the Instagram Help Center: You can check the status of your account in the Help Center. Visit help.instagram.com and search for “Account Ban/Block,” then follow the instructions.
If you’ve confirmed that your account is blocked or banned, you can address the issue directly with Instagram. You can open a support request by visiting the Help Center and clicking the contact support button.
3. Reasons Your Instagram Account Could Have Been Banned/Blocked
Protip: Before you attempt to get your account back, make sure you read Instagram’s terms of service and community guidelines to ensure you comply with them.
Below are the top 3 reasons why your Instagram account could have been banned:
- You created multiple accounts or posted duplicate content from other accounts.
- You posted inappropriate and/or sexually explicit content.
- You tried to purchase, sell, or transfer access to your Instagram accounts.
For any of these reasons, Instagram has the right to disable the offending account, in some cases permanently. They may also disable accounts whose content is reported by other users who decide your post violates their Community Guidelines. Whether it’s a permanent ban or temporary block, these are the primary reasons why your Instagram account could have gotten banned.
4. Troubleshooting Tips for an Instagram Ban/Block
- Posting explicit content
- Using offensive language
- Creating multiple accounts
- Falsely promoting yourself
- Sharing pornographic material
Create a New Account
5. Things to Consider If Your Instagram Account Has Been Banned/Blocked
Understand Why Your Account Was Banned
The first step is to try and understand why your account was banned. Instagram states that some of the more common reasons are due to a violation of the terms of service which can include inappropriate content, underage access, or violations of the community guidelines. Other common causes can include account hijacking, account impersonation, or certain types of third-party applications.
Check All Email Connected to Your Account
Once you have an idea of why your account has been blocked/banned, you should check all the emails connected to your account. This includes emails sent through Instagram or third-party applications as these can be vital in unlocking your account. You should also review any emails sent out by an Instagram moderator as they will have further information on the incident and why your account was removed.
Modify Your Behavior on Instagram
If the cause of the ban was due to a violation of terms or guidelines, you should make sure to modify your behavior when using Instagram. This includes moderating the content you post, ensuring that you don’t use any third-party applications, and being more aware of any potential risks when accessing Instagram. Additionally, you should make sure to use a secure password and enable two-factor authentication to ensure your accounts safety. This article was provided to help you understand the signs of an Instagram account being blocked or banned and how to troubleshoot if your account appears to be blocked. Remember that a ban or block is usually temporary, but it is important to know why it was done to ensure it does not happen again. Instagram has strict community standards and can take disciplinary action if those standards are not met.