As a key component of any successful social media marketing strategy, properly understanding and utilizing Instagram Insights is essential for both enterprise-level campaigns and personal accounts. In this article, we will provide an overview of how to access and interpret the available Instagram Insights in order to see who has viewed and screenshotted your story.
1. Introduction to Instagram Insights
Instagram Insights is an analytics tool that helps businesses and brands better understand their followers and how they interact with their Instagram account. With Instagram Insights, users can get valuable data such as how many Instagram followers they have, the reach of their posts, and the engagement of their posts. Furthermore, users can get information on the gender, age, and location of their followers.
Using Instagram Insights, businesses can gain key insights about their Instagram followers and their posts. They can also learn what time of the day is the best to post, which types of posts are getting the most engagement, and more. This data helps businesses develop a more informed social media strategy tailored to their target audience.
The following section will go over some of the key features of Instagram Insights, such as the Insights dashboard, Audiences, and Stories. We will also look at two features exclusive to professional accounts: Reach and Frequency and Ads Manager:
- Insights Dashboard
- Reach and Frequency
- Ads Manager
2. How to Access Instagram Insights
Gaining insights into your Instagram activities is essential for reaching and engaging with your target audience. Fortunately, Instagram Insights provides various metrics that enable you to monitor and track the progress of your social media campaigns.
Steps to Access Instagram Insights:
- Launch the Instagram application on your smartphone or tablet.
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Tap the Insights icon ()in the top right corner of the page.
Insights displays several sections and metrics, including Stories, Reach, Impressions, and Follower Activity. You can dig deeper and view more metrics from the options in the left menu. If you have business accounts on Instagram, there are more insights, including website visits and email address collection.
3. Use Instagram Insights to Monitor Who Viewed Your Story
Instagram has a tool that enables users to track and monitor the performance of their Story viewership every day. This tool is called Instagram Insights. Insights shows you the number of views on each individual Story and who viewed each. It also gives you a detailed overview of who your audience is and can help you better reach them.
1. Access your audience demographic
- With Insights, you can easily see a breakdown of the gender, age-range, and location of who your story viewers are.
- For more specialized analysis, you can also track data such as which time-zones your Story was most popular in.
- Using this info, you can adjust your content creation strategy to target the right audience for your brand.
2. Compare stories from different time-periods
- Insights also allows you to compare viewership of your stories from different time-periods to measure long-term performance.
- You can see if your stories are trending in a certain direction or if certain stories gained more traction than others.
- This info can help you to determine which topics get the most views and focus your stories around those topics.
4. Use Instagram Insights to Track Who Screenshotted Your Story
One of the coolest features of Instagram Insights is its ability to track who screenshotted your story. This can be an effective way to build relationships with your audience and figure out who is most engaged with your content. While screenshots are more difficult to monitor, Instagram makes it easier by tracking every screenshot taken of your story.
How to Use Instagram Insights to Track Screenshots:
- Go to your Insights tab, open a story and select the ‘Seen’ option.
- This will give you an overview of how many people saw your story. At the bottom of the list, you can click the ‘screenshot’ tab to see who has screenshotted your story.
- You’ll be able to see the user’s profile, when they took it, and the number of screenshots they took.
By discovering who is taking screenshots, you can start to engage with this group of active followers. You can send them messages, thank them for viewing your story, or reply to their comments. Also, Instagram Insights will allow you to gain insights into which stories have the highest engagement rate and, therefore, the greatest ROI for your time.
5. Benefits of Utilising Instagram Insights
Instagram Insights provide valuable data that can be used to understand performance, such as the reach and engagement of posts or stories. With the given quantitative and qualitative data offered by Instagram Insights, businesses have the possibility to study and analyse the effectiveness of their content, learn which type of content resonates with their audience and adjust their strategy accordingly.
More Informed Decisions
Having access to detailed insights can lead to more sound decisions as businesses can gain greater insight and understanding about their followers and what content drives engagement. With Instagram Insights, businesses can get a better understanding of the most active times to post, and therefore post relevant content at the most optimal times to optimize content reach.
Growing Relationship with Audience
Insights can then be used to understand what type of content resonates most with followers and drive engagement. With this knowledge, businesses can then create content with their target audience in mind, allowing them to build relationships and improve the overall customer experience and interaction. In conclusion, Instagram Insights can be a powerful tool for everyone, from brands to individual users. If used properly, it can give you valuable access to who has viewed and screenshotted your story. In addition, you can use this data to better tailor your content to your audience. Therefore, make sure you are taking full advantage of Instagram insights in order to harness its full potential.