If you have recently signed into your Instagram account and received a notification that the app has temporarily disabled your account due to “unusual activity,” you may be wondering what to do next. This article will explain why your account may have been disabled, what steps you can take to reactivate it, and how to make sure your account remains secure in the future.
1. What Causes an Instagram Account to Become Disabled?
Here are some of the reasons that may cause Instagram to disable an account:
- Posting content that goes against Instagram’s community guidelines, including content related to: nudity, bullying, and hate speech.
- Creating multiple accounts or using software to generate likes and followers.
- Using the Instagram platform to solicit money or sell products.
- Using Instagram to harass other users or promoting a service that sends automated DM’s.
- Using a username, profile picture, or other information that infringes on a brand or copyright.
If an account is disabled, it can be restored if the user contacts Instagram to resolve the issue. Instagram outlines a step-by-step process for doing this in the Help Center. It’s important to know that accounts may be permanently disabled due to repeated violations, so it’s best to follow the platform’s guidelines to avoid any issues.
2. What Should You Do If Your Instagram Has Been Temporarily Disabled?
When your Instagram account is temporarily disabled, it can be a quite confusing situation and you may not know how to proceed. Fortunately, there are several steps that you can take to regain access to your account.
- Check the Instagram Help Center: Instagram offers a comprehensive Help Center that can be used to troubleshoot any problems you may be facing. You can read through the information and see what Instagram suggests in order to resolve any specific issues that you may have.
- Review the Instagram Community Guidelines: If your account has been disabled, it could be due to the fact that you have breached the Instagram Community Guidelines. Therefore, you should review the guidelines and make sure you understand them.
- Contact Instagram: If you cannot figure out why your account has been disabled, then the best option is to contact Instagram directly. You can do this by using the contact form found in the Help Center. Be sure to provide as much information as possible, such as your username, email address, and the reason why your account may have been disabled.
No matter why your Instagram account has been temporarily disabled, these steps will help you resolve the issue and regain access to your account. It is important to remember that if your account has been disabled for a prolonged period of time, it may be necessary to create a new account.
3. How to Verify the Security of Your Instagram Account?
Verifying Your Email or Phone Number
- You can verify your account when you first set it up, or at any other time by going to your profile and tapping the menu button in the top right-hand corner.
- Tap “Settings” and select “Privacy and Security” from the menu. Tap “Two-Factor Authentication” and select “Require Security Code.”
- Next, enter your phone number or email address into the VFC code generator. Enter the one-time code you receive, and you’re done.
Using Login Notifications
- Login Notification is another layer of security that Instagram offers you. This sends a notification to your phone or email when someone attempts to access your account.
- Returning to your “Privacy and Security” settings, select “Login Notifications” and make sure that the toggle is on.
- You can also ask Instagram to send you a detailed report of all recent login activities that happened on your account.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
- If you ever notice any suspicious activities in your account, such as unusual tweets, new followers, or even sudden changes to your profile photo, then you should immediately report it to Instagram.
- In order to do this, log into your Instagram account and look for the “Report” button. Click on this and then select the category that best describes the issue. In this case, it would be “Hacked or Compromised account.”
- If you feel you need to, you can also attach any screenshots of the activity or information that will help Instagram with their investigation.
4. What Steps Can You Take To Help Reactivate Your Instagram Account?
Provide Contact Information
If you can’t access your account and it’s been de-activated due to security reasons, providing contact details is a good way to reach out to Instagram support. Your contact information will enable Instagram to get in touch with you and verify that you are the original account owner. This is a good way to prove your identity and help reactivate your account.
- Get in touch with Instangram support
- Provide your contact information
- Verify your identity
Instagram also has guidelines that you should follow when attempting to reactivate an account. If you’ve violated these guidelines and your account was de-activated, you should get in touch with Instagram and explain why the violation took place. Having an explanation ready can help with reactivating the account.
- Read the Instangram guidelines
- Follow the guidelines
- Explain any violations of the rules
Responding quickly to messages from Instagram is also essential. If you have been contacted by Instagram and have been asked to verify your identity, it’s important that you respond as soon as possible. This will ensure that your account reactivation process is quick and easy.
- Respond to messages from Instagram
- Provide any requested information
- Act quickly to reactivate your account
5. Dealing With Unusual Activity & Reactivating Your Instagram Account
You may be required to reactivate your Instagram account if it has detected unusual activity on it. This typically happens if your account appears to be accessing from multiple locations or devices. To do so, you’ll need to supply some additional information to demonstrate your identity and ensure that you’re the legitimate account holder.
- Submit copies of documents (such as a passport or a driver’s license) to verify your identity.
- Provide the email address or phone number associated with the account.
- Answer two security questions related to your account history.
- Provide some personal information, such as your date of birth and your current city.
- Create a new password.
Following Up After Submitting Information
After submitting all this information, it may take several days for Instagram to review and process your request. Once they have reviewed your request, they will reactivate your account and you will be able to log in once again. If you need more help, you can contact Instagram customer service for assistance.
Although the process of verifying that your account is secure can be a hassle, it will ultimately keep your information safe from hackers and theft. Furthermore, Instagram takes proactive steps to ensure that their users can securely use the platform – by disabled accounts if unusual activity is detected. If your account has been disabled or flagged, you should ensure that your account is secure and verify any requested information. In the event that following these steps does not lead to any positive resolution, you should contact Instagram for further assistance.