Instagram’s popular Story feature allows social media users to quickly share short videos or photos with their followers. While spending time to capture and post these videos can be enjoyable, sometimes they may encounter a technical issue in the form of video “glitching”. In this article, we will investigate common causes of video glitching on Instagram, explore useful solutions to help prevent this issue, and discuss how to potentially fix any existing problems.
1. What Causes Instagram Video Story Glitches?
Instagram video story glitches can be caused by many different factors, which makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of a particular issue. Generally, these glitches can be broken down into the following categories:
- Browser Settings: This includes third-party browser plugins, clearing browser cache and cookies, as well as outdated browser versions.
- Network Issues: This can range from a weak wifi connection, to interference from other devices, or even a poor-quality internet connection.
- Device Issues: This includes insufficient storage space, lack of RAM, or operating system compatibility issues.
It’s also possible that the glitch may be caused by a bug within Instagram’s coding, an issue with your mobile device’s hardware, or an application conflict. If you continue to experience video story glitches, you should contact Instagram Support for assistance. Instagram can provide troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.
2. How to Fix Glitches in Instagram Video Stories
If you have ever posted a video to your Instagram Story, only to have it freeze or display jagged frames, you understand how frustrating this type of problem can be. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to fix glitches in Instagram video stories.
Check that the Format is Supported. Instagram only supports certain video file types, such as MOV and MP4. If your video has been created with any other formats, you may encounter visual glitches. Use a video conversion tool to ensure that all your videos are compatible with Instagram before uploading.
- Supported Video Formats: MOV (H.264), MP4 (H.264)
- Max file size: 4GB
- Max video length: 15 seconds
Increase Video Resolution. Instagram recommends creating videos with a resolution of 1080×1920, as anything lower can become distorted. If you are taking videos with your phone, make sure that they are being recorded in HD and check the video’s size before uploading it to the app.
- 1080×1920 resolution recommended
- Max video length: 4GB
- Max video length: 4GB
Keep the Quality High. Instagram compresses videos when they are uploaded and often this can cause distortions such as freezing or jagged frames. You can reduce the amount of compression during upload by ensuring that the quality of your video is as high as possible. Increase the bitrate and use a consistent frame rate as these will help to keep your video looking smooth.
3. What to Do If the Problem Persists
If the problem you experienced is still occurring you should take the following steps:
- Rule out hardware problems: Make sure all computers and other hardware devices are operating properly by checking cables, restarting the devices and updating their drivers.
- Verify user access: Ensure that all users have the correct log-in information and permissions.
- Update the system: Check to see if any new software or updates are available, as they might contain bug fixes that could solve the problem.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you should reset or reinstall the software you’re having problems with, or contact the software vendor or a professional IT technician for assistance.
When needed, diagnostic software and tools can be used to detect and diagnose computer hardware or network problems. This type of computer program can analyze device or system performance, identify errors, and generate detailed reports to help you identify the cause of persistent difficulties.
4. Benefits of Instagram Video Story Glitches
Instagram Video Story Glitches are becoming increasingly popular amongst Instagrammers and brands alike. Here are some of the benefits of using this feature.
- The glitches, such as distortion and colour adjustments, gives your videos a professional, sleek look.
- The glitches also provide a wider array of effects from which to choose from, allowing you to create more dynamic visuals.
- Using glitches allows you to manipulate your video and transform it into something unlike what your viewers have seen before.
- This can also help in providing an interesting twist which can catch people’s attention, as it stands out from the rest.
- Glitches make it easy to share videos along with other platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more.
- Also, you may use these glitches to bring traffic to your website or blog, by creating a compelling narrative which entices viewers to click-through to your private website.
5. Tips to Prevent Further Glitches in Instagram Video Stories
Limit Video Length
Limiting the length of the video you plan to upload to Instagram Stories can help prevent any potential glitches. Videos should be no longer than 15 seconds to ensure that they upload successfully. Also, consider avoiding video effects as this can affect the integrity of the video.
Check Your Connections
Slow connection and poor reception can also be behind the glitches you’ve been experiencing. Make sure that your device is connected to a strong Wi-Fi, then try uploading the video again. If you are still having issues, switch to a trusted 4G connection.
Be Careful With Video Editing
Making sure that the video you upload is in an appropriate format for Instagram Stories is also key to avoiding any potential glitches. This includes:
- Trimming the video to no longer than 15 minutes
- Paying attention to the codec and resolution of the video
- Understanding the file size of the video you are trying to upload
By following these tips, you should be able to avoid any future video glitches when uploading stories to Instagram.
In conclusion, it’s important to remember that there could be several reasons as to why your Instagram video stories glitch. Whether it’s due to low bandwidth, inadequate storage space, or individual phone performance issues, there are ways to troubleshoot and Fix the problem. So don’t panic if your story isn’t playing as expected; with a few simple steps you should be able to fix the issue and get back to creating those amazing story videos.